InfoPath form - Requiring FULL TRUST???

• 1 September 2007
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

I am creating my first IP workflow.  I created a simple hello world one just to test if my new server is working.  I made the form web enabled through the K2 wizard.  I deployed the process.  K2 BP published the form (thank you for doing that now by the way).  When I go the form and try to submit it, I get an Access Denied error. 

I after dropping some time into it I modified the IP form to give it full trust and deploy it.  Then the submit works.  A side affect is the form is no longer web enabled even though both the InfoPath form and the form library are configured correctly.  What gives?

Plus I have a vague memory that if the form is given full trust, it must be deployed through central administration if you want to make it web enabled.

I did not add any .net managed code to my form.  Why must the IP form be given full trust???  This was not in any of the labs that I have seen.

Thanks - Jason

7 replies

Badge +9
That would sound strange.  Have you tried running the InfoPath browser compatibility checker to see if there are any issues with the form.  I know some of the default forms in InfoPath (e.g. Expense Claim) is not browser compatible due to some funny images embedded in it.
Badge +8

In my post I state I am able to change my form from having full trust to not having full trust.  When I set it to full trust, the client is opened and the submit to the K2 service works.  When I change it back to no full trust, the form will be web enabled but I cannot submit getting an access denied error.

Also - this is a simple form with two text fields - like I said I am basically doing a hello world test.  So there are no issues with browser compatibility.

Any other ideas?

Badge +8

Well I isolated the problem but I cannot resolve it at the moment.  Seems to be some sort of configuration problem.

Basically I can browse to this web service (http://localhost/RuntimeServices/InfoPathService.asmx?op=WhoAmI), I press the Invoke button and everything runs just fine in IE.

Although if I create a simple IP form (that has not been K2 enabled) create data connection to this it fails for me every time I run it in InfoPath.  If I give the form full trust it works; BUT THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION.  This is a VPC that I am trying to build some demos on.  There is no need to fully trust a form that should require it.  I have added no .net managed code.

I have played around with several of the Internet Options >> Security settings, messed around with the app pools.

If anyone has an idea please throw it at me.

Thanks - Jason

Badge +8

Well, if I change Internet Options to "Access data sources across domains" from disabled to enabled it works for InfoPath client.  Not immediately sure why this is the case.  It may have to do with the way I set up the domain controller on the VPC.  If anyone has any thoughts on that they are welcome.

Now when I submit with the same for as web enabled I get "An error occured while the form is being submitted".

Little annoying.  Need this form to be web enabled.

Badge +8

And I found the solution after walking away.  Go to Central Administration >> Application Management >> InfoPath Forms Services >> Configure InfoPath Forms Services.  Then check the checkbox to allow "Cross-Domain Access for User Form Templates".  The note says "Form templates can contain data connections that access data from other domains. Select this check box to allow user form templates to access data from another domain."

Note that I also so this configuration "HTTP data connections" which had the following configuration "If data connections in browser-enabled form templates require Basic Authentication or Digest Authentication, a password will be sent over the network. Check this box to require an SSL-encrypted connection for these authentication types."  This was already checked and I left it checked and everything worked.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Jason

Badge +8

I know I'm a bit late, but you could have found the solution in just few minutes reading... the documentation provided with Blackpearl Geeked

Under the K2 [blackpearl] User Guide section, it's in K2 [blackpearl] Components --> K2 Studio Designer --> K2 Blackpearl for InfoPath Integration --> InfoPath Configuration Notes.

Yeah yeah, I'm the only one reading the documentation Huh?

Badge +2

I know it's too late. I thought i should post it here anyway, so that someone else can benefit from this.

http://blog.myitechnology.com/2008/09/infopath-2007-digitally-signed-form.html