Solved

Growing Expense Report

• 7 December 2018
  • 6 replies

K2 Newbie.  Trying to make a growing Expense report with K2 and have not been able to find something that shows me how I might be able to do this. If anyone has an example that would be great. Here is the idea.

User data at the top

A growing form, only adds one line at a time. (This is the part I am not sure how to make happen) 

Totals and sheet key at the bottom for mileage. 

Once submitted, kicks off a work flow to manager for approval, rework, denied.

Back to the growing form. I would like it to show a blank line, but once the line has all required fields filled the user clicks an ADD Expense button for another line “growing the sheet” downward. Is this doable, or do I need to set the sheet with a set number of fields and have the user limited on the sheet to that number?

Thanks,

Brandon

icon

Best answer by BGuyette 12 December 2018, 22:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

For the "Growing List" part, I recommend using an editable list view. In the SmartForms designer, I suggest creating 2 "Item Views" (for your user data and page footer) and one "List View" for the user entered part. Then create a new Form and drag these three views onto it. That will give you a starting point, and we can then work through the details of getting everything working together.

Thank you for the reply. The form looks the way I want it to. It allows adding line by line. I have built a workflow and connected it. I When I click the save button on the footer it kicks of the work flow , but none of the data is passed.

Been going through the core training taking a look and not seeing what I have missed, how would I get the data from the form to follow to the manager ?

Thanks,
Brandon
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

There are a couple of different approaches here, but in the rules where you kick off the workflow, part of that action should have a place where you can map data fields on the form to data fields on the workflow. Depending on what you want that data in the workflow for, that may not be the best approach.

I usually like to save my form data into a database using SmartObjects and then loading that data back in when I need it on the workflow or on the next form in the process.

Badge +11

There is an advanced expense claim tutorial on help.k2.com that will include adding new items to an editable list view and saving them.  You can find that tutorial here.

Thank you , I will take a look at that tomorrow when I pick this back up for the day . 

Wanted to thank everyone for the help. I used the walk through and other comment on this post to make mine.  Figured out why my information was not passing to the workflow steps.  After making the workflow I had to go back to the form and move create workflow rule up above my clear webpage step .