Solved

Grant Permissions to Document Set

• 11 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I have a SharePoint site with a document set. Users will have the capability to create multiple document sets (document set 1, document set 2, etc).  Does K2 allow setting permissions on a specific document set (document set 1, 2, etc)?

icon

Best answer by EvanM 11 January 2016, 23:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello!

This is actually an option in Sharepoint. By default the document sets will inherit permissions from the library. Think about if you want to do document set permissions by the document set content type or even just by creating individual libraries for each type and then control it at the library level.

Here is Microsoft's documentation on managing the permissions on document sets:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-and-manage-Document-Sets-c71d5796-d559-48de-b1b3-42383bdd13ea#__toc355081704

-Evan

I'm running into this issue with Blackpearl 4.7. There seems to be no way to have K2 set permissions on a Document Set. No SmartObjects, no workflow events. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Previous answer by Evan shot not be marked as a solution.

Badge +2

I also need this functionality.  In my workflow I create a new document set for each project but each document set should have custom permissions based on the project team.  Is there a way to do this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

Were yo able to resolve this issue? Where you able to use any k2 event to set document set permissions? I am having same issue.

This appears to still be an issue; I have added a SP2013 event to stop inheriting library permissions (as per the documentation), however, trying both Add Library Permissions event (and even tried Add List Item Permissions event), this functionality will not work - there are many events available for Document Sets (ie Copy, Move, Rename and Update), but nothing about setting permissions...

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello,

I endup creating custom sharepoint webservice which handles document set permissions. I am referencing the service in workflow and calling webservice method in code event of workflow.