Governance - Source Code Management and SmartForms Versioning

Hello K2 Community -

We will be implementing K2 4.7 soon and I am working on pulling together our internal K2 governance. I would greatly appreciate any guidance you would be willing to provide. Maybe I am approaching this wrong but I cannot seem to find anything related to this topic online. There is no versioning for Smartforms; Workflow Admins must export and save "somewhere"/export K2 package in case there is a need to roll back to a previous version. How do we manage this from a Citizen Developer perspective?

What are your thoughts? Have you defined a process for this management of Citizen Developer source code? Thank you in advance for your time.

Brian

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Brian,

Smartforms has versioning but there is no UI for this and requires the user to interact with the K2 DB, the following KB explains how to roll back:

https://help.k2.com/kb001311

There is no specific process for managing this, hopefully someone can provide you with a good way to manage packages or smartforms versions.

Hello Mustafa - 

Thank you for the detailed response. I was aware of the ability to roll back  via the K2 DB but obviously that is not a realistic approach for Citizen Developers. As you had mentioned I am hoping someone in this community can provide we with a good way to manage packages and/or smartforms versions. It seems like this would be a very common topic...

Brian