Governance - Designer Access

Hello K2 Community -

We will be implementing K2 4.7 soon and I am working on pulling together our internal K2 governance. I would greatly appreciate any guidance you would be willing to provide. Maybe I am approaching this wrong but I cannot seem to find anything related to this topic online. We would like our Citizen Developers to have access to K2 Designer for SharePoint and SmartForms. I understand how to disable Wizards but how do I disable Citizen Developer access to K2 Designer if they need access to SmartForms? K2 Designer provides too much in terms of features/functionality as all of the work the Citizen Developer will be doing will be SharePoint centric.

What are your thoughts? How would you define these? Thank you in advance for your time.

Brian

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Brian,

Please have a look at the following KB and let me know if that helps:

http://help.k2.com/kb001309

Badge +1

Isn't K2 Web Designer and the K2 for SharePoint Designer pretty much the same thing?  I don't know if you can set up authorization in a way that only allows certain users to access the designer through K2 for SharePoint.

What features/functionality are you looking to restrict for your citizen developers?

Hello francishsu -

Thank you responding. You are correct. After a bit more digging it turns out there is nothing we can do from a governance perspective. This is a significant problem for our org. The majority of our workflows (today we use Nintex) are developed by our Citizen Developer community. From a governance and internal training perspective it is a fairly big impact on our overall approach. We are hoping v5 will provide us with more flexibility.

Brian