Get Worklist Item Link for Activity Escalation ????

• 17 August 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

I have a Hyperlink created in the Client Event when the email is sent for approval. The hyperlink is using the URL Worklist Item Link and this works great.

However, if the approver sits on the job, i want to send a reminder email to prompt them to action the request

But the **bleep** Worklist Item Link is not available in the Context Browser, so how do i do this?

I don't want to write out the entire URL in the email, hence the reason for choosing Hyperlink, so i can choose the Display name and underlying URL.

Any ideas?

Can i somehow store the Task Item URL somewhere to use in the Reminder Email?

Also, my task URL has a few parameters which i have stored, but where do i get the SN=(SERIALNO) from? This is the SN you get when you tick the box "Append Serial number to URL".

I could maybe reconstruct the Task List URL if i can get the SN above, i have all the other paramaters i need.

Any ideas?

P.S. I found something in the Hyperlink Configure function which says: Reuse function - save results to data field, or save function configuration.... Where does it save these in the context browser?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

The serial number is made of of:

ProcessInstanceID + '_' + ActivityInstanceDestId

You can construct it yourself as these values are availabe in the context browser, and this is exactly how I do the functionality you are looking for.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
The Hyperlink won't allow a URL made up of one that one datafield or text, so can't get it to work
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Please try using an Event Escalation instead of Activity... this will give you the participant-specific context that I think you are looking for

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Looked in Event Escalation, but there is no "WorkList Item Instance" in the Workflow context browser.

If i try to construct a URL that won't work eirther, because i checked the initial Approval (Client Event) and all three of my approvers have a differenrt Serial:

UserA : SN=345_60

UserB: SN=345_63

UserC: SN=345_66

Also, unable to build expression because you get error "The following error occurred while validating the expression: expected a when, sub-expression, fieldpart or literal"

I am trying to have the URL, Plus State, Plus Paramaeter + SN.

The expression only allows text or a datafield not both...

P.S. If i build in the URL directly in the Email body and pass in the URL+Datafields+SN=ProcID_DestID it works fine, all 3 Approvers get the reminder with the individual SN in the reminder email (So yes i can get this to work).... But the issue is the long URL in the body of the email.

Is there a way of having a Hyperlink with a Name and the URL hidden (but it must work with text and datafields being passed to it)

Any ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

In the e-mail wizard, you can indicate that the body will be in HTML and use an anchor tag to hide your url and display it as some other text. I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but if that doesn't make any sense I'll see if I can provide screenshots when I get into the office.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Hi tbyrne,

Already tried adding <a Href> tags with display name and URL, but that provides an unclickable link in the email and the shortcut have ten lines of span code because of the way K2 handles it.

If you can provide a screenshot, i'll see if that is different from what i tried
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

My approach may vary a little from what you are doing, as we call a web service to build the notification body HTML. That is the "_Notification Body" variable you see embedded in the message body, but perhaps all the html around it will help isolate your custom html from what K2 sticks in there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Hi tb,

Think i've managed to get this working, took me about 200 attempts, but i had no choice but to build the long URL with Procid and all my parameters. The 200 attempts was having to make sure the formatting with "" and & was acceptable for K2.