Solved

Generate PDF from a form

• 5 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi All

We have built a smart form which has several rich text boxes. The issue we are facing is when we convert this form into a PDF - any of the text boxes which have more text which is not visible onscreen (the scrollbar needs to be used to view the full text) - the PDF is missing all of the text - so taking a snapshot of what is onscreen rather that bringing back all of the text.

Does anyone know how to configure the PDF to bring back to show all of the text within each field rather than taking a snapshot of what is viewed onscreen? We have tried to configure using URL method as well as generating a PDF when a button is clicked!

Thanks in advance,

icon

Best answer by Albarghouthy 5 January 2016, 14:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

I suggest to do the following before you generate the PDF:

Transfer data to a datalabel (wrap text is checked)

hide text box

Generate PDF 

---------------------------------

I think it's a limitation in the PDF service, the above workaround will resolve this behaviour.

I'm not sure what your business logic is, but I used to create a printable copy of the form, I mean a form that looks better as PDF

the form just contains datalabels instead of textboxes, dropdown list, etc. and I transfer all the data to this form to generate PDF out of it.

wish this helps

Badge +13

MKattan can you put in an enhancement request to have the PDF Service automatically render content as label when it sees a rich text box?

Are you already using the latest version of SmartForm?

Badge +2

Hi Mustafa

That worked perfectly - thank you so much :)

Badge +3

Hello All,

Any update on this topic? Has the PDF converter service been updated?

Thanks in advance - Justin

Badge +10

Mustafa,

How to handle columns that are defined as "Person/Group" in SharePoint? When I transfer value to data label, it becomes something like K2:{Domain Name}{User ID}. While I want to show user name value which is Last Name, First Name.

Thanks