For each loop

• 22 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I have a for each loop that loops through a list, at the minute it will only send one at a time - when the first task is completed the second task is sent out etc...I would like all of the tasks to be sent in one go, is that possible?

Thanks. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Is this assigning tasks in a workflow process? Or looping through a list in a SmartForm and performing some action on each?

Badge +5

Hi,

Yes it is assigning tasks - in the list I have a picker to select who it should be assigned to and I want all tasks to go out at the same time instead of one by one.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

In the destination rule, if you go "back" to the first screen in the wizard (for some reason it starts you out in the second screen) you can choose to be in "advanced" mode. Then you will get additional options about timing of assignments. Please let me know if that puts you on the right track.

Badge +5

Hi,

Thanks, I have set the destination rules to 'All at Once' and 1 slot and 'Resolve all roles and groups to users' but it still sending the tasks out one at a time.

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I have the "Create a slot for each role and group" selected, can you please try that? Otherwise we have the same setup

Badge +5

Hi,

Do you have it set on the For Each activity or the activity that sends the task? I have included a screenshot of my workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ah, you can do it on the activity that creates the task. No need to create a seperate activity for it