Sharepoint Workflow Integration

• 27 November 2007
  • 9 replies

Badge +2
I have created a simple workflow using the Sharepoint integration wizard which should automatically start when a document is uploaded.  It then just has a mail event.  When running the wizard it connects to Sharepoint without a problem and the process builds and deploys to the server.  When I upload a document into the library nothing happens and no workflow is started, there are no errors or anything.  Is there something I need to enable on the Sharepoint server to get the events to work with K2?

9 replies

Badge +10

There are no errors of any kind in the event log? 

Couple of quick environmental questions

1.  Is MOSS runining on a seperate server from k2 or the same?

2.  Are your MOSS and K2 service accounts running as domain accounts or built in service accounts?

3.  If domain accounts have you enabled them for delegation?

Badge +3
Also check that you have granted start rights through Workspace for the person who is uploading the document, otherwise the process won't start and SharePoint won't tell you why. This error (not having rights to start a process from SharePoint) should be logged in the application event log, check there. 
Badge +5

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. The same worflow with Sharepoint workflows integration wizard set to start when a document is uploaded to a document library. So basically has 1 activity with a Sharepoint Integration Client Event and other activit with Mail Event.

Build and deploy runs ok (confirmed in K2 Server running in console mode), and in Sharepoint the worflow appears in the library workflow settings.

The problem is that after an upload to that library, the worflow does not start and no log messages of any king of information is displayed in moss, k2 or event viewer...

In my setup K2 and Sharepoint are running in different servers, trusted for delegation and kerberos seems to be working (i guess...).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Badge +5

Just one thing to add, the user that is logged in moss and doing the upload in the library is a normal domain user.

For a k2 workflow to start automatically in the scenario described, does the user that performs the upload need any special rights?

thanks again!

Badge +10

any chance you could run K2 in console mode and see what comes accross the screen when this occurs?  This way we know if the event is actually firing and getting to k2.  Typically when i see such things as this we see something in the event viewer on the SharePoint server showing that the Eventhandler in MOSS fired and event then on the k2 server you see what happens.  However if one of those 2 things does not happen then that isolates the problem somewhat.

Make sense?

Badge +8
If you click on "Site Actions" --> "Site settings", can you see "K2 Events Integration" under "Site Administration"? If yes, what do you see if you click on this item?
Badge +5

In the site collection, the K2 Administration Links feature was disabled. Now it's active.

Still on the Site collection, now the link K2 Workflow Integration is available and clicking there i see a list of K2 workflow integration processes including the one i deployed and associated to the moss library.

However, the link you mentioned K2 Events integration, both on the site collection AND on the site where the library is, says that "there are no lists that have configured K2 Events associated"!

The strange thing is that going to the library and clicking Workflow settings, my K2 process (named K2SharepointIntegrationProcess1) appears associated!

thanks!

Badge +8
Yes, but if you can't see any events there, you will never be able to start a workflow from your library. I already encountered this issue, and the only solution I found was to deploy and deploy again until there's an event appearing in "K2 Events integration" (in my case, it worked on the 3rd attempt).
Badge +5

Well, i can say that i have tried at least 10 or 20 deploys and still no event appears in "K2 Events Integration" either on the site collection or the actual library site.

But after the 20 deploys, i tried to upload a document on the library and the K2 workflows now starts, appear as "running" and a task is generated...even with the K2 Events Integration page being empty!

This doesn't make much sence now...