generation of xml using smartforms

• 14 February 2006
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
hello,

i have created a smartform and the textboxes are filled with values from an xml file. then upon clicking the Done button, the XML should be updated so that the values changed by the user in the smartforms will be carried out to the XML produced by the smartform. but when i checked on the folder i specified to receive the xml file, it is not in there and it seems that the Biztalk Orchestration event i created to send the xml to the folder is not yet finished.

How am i to go about this problem?
thanks

6 replies

Badge +4
Did you make sure that you entered the K2textbox xpath property?
Badge +6
Can you give us some more information on what happen when the 'Done' button is clicked - Does the XML go back into K2.net Server or do you save an XML document into a folder that is used by Biztalk to pick it up?
Badge +1
yes, ive entered the k2textbox xpath property. what should be the property of my button?should it be a finish button or an update button?
Badge +1
After clicking the 'Done' button, i would want to save an XML file and then drop it to a folder where Biztalk would pick it up.
Badge +6
You have two choices here:

1. Either use K2.net Server event to save the file to the desired location. For this you would use a Finish button to complete the client event and pass the XML back into K2.net.

2. Create an XML document object and populate this with the needed XML values. On the K2.net Button (that should also be a Finish button) use this XML document to save the XML as a file to the desired file location.

Hope this helps.
Badge +8
should it be a finish button or an update button?

It should most likely be a 'finish' type button - this will tell the smartform to finish the client event and move on to the next event in the activity (or if this was the last event in the activity, the succeeding rule will be evaluated).

think of a button with an 'update' type as a 'save' button - it will update the process data but not finish the client event.