Cannot Install K2.net 2003 Studio

• 23 September 2013
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi...

I'm having an issue installing K2.net 2003 Studio in a Server that already has K2. 

When the K2.net 2003 Server was installed, the installation team did not install K2.net 2003 Studio.

Now when i run the K2.net 2003 SP4 (3.6262.1.0) Installation, recognizing the K2.net 2003 Server installed, it presents me with 2 options. Remove or Modify. 

I then select Modify and see a list of Installed/Unistalled K2.net 2003 components. The K2.net 2003 Studio is presented as not installed. So far so good.

Then i select "this feature will be installed on local drive." and click Next.

Then It asks me for info about the K2 Server Database. 

When i fill the info and click next, I get the following info:

And exits installation. No K2.net 2003 Studio is installed. How can I install the K2.net 2003 Studio without reinstalling the whole K2.net 2003 Server?

2 replies

Badge +13

Uncheck the K2 .NET 2003 Server Components.   I don't think it'll uninstall if you uncheck it.

Badge +1

Hi Peter...

I dont know if it will uninstall Server Components , but, because on the installer, when I uncheck K2 .net 2003 Server Components , it says it will free up space, i'm not going to risk it.

Its says it will only free up ~ 8MB. This hardly seems like the hard disk space occupied by K2 Server but if this thing goes sour I could be in real trouble. If someone could validate that for me i would appreciate it.

Thanx for your reply.