Escalation options

• 17 November 2017
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

I have a workflow that I'm working on right now that is for report approvals before a client meeting. The staff who is submitting the report marks a priority of normal for a report that the meeting is not scheduled yet. They use the priority of urgent if the meeting is scheduled and in days. The requirement is that for an escalation to occur after a week for those reports that have the priority of normal while an escalation in one day occurs if the priority is urgent.

Can I set this up all on one activity or am I going to split this activity into two activities in order to have escalations based upon the priority?

1 reply

Badge +7

I am assuming you are using K2 studio but this shoudl workin designer as well.

In the escalation you have the option of setting, hours, minutes, days or set a date. In any one of these you can use an expression but the key is it must reault in an integer.

So create an expression in the Days field with: If and say if(priority=normal) true value is ToInt(7) and other is ToInt(1). You have to drag these functions incot thr expression. Start with dragging If to days then use the wizzard.

This also works in forms do you can do this on the form and send it to the workflow as a field. If you are using designer for workflows I would advise doing this on the form.

I hope this helps. I appologize for any mistyping