One k2 Workflow for multiple Sharepoint lists or libraries

• 8 January 2013
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have a requirement like, same k2 workflow should be used for multiple lists or libraries, I'm a beginer to K2, so not sure whether it is possible or not.

Is it possible to have a k2 workflow without attaching to any of the lists or libraries and trigger the workflow from code base in ItemAdded event handler of  any of the sharepoint list.

Can any one help me to find out the solution for it?

Thanks in advance,

Anoop

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thinking out loud here, you can create a custom content type and then associate this content type with the lists/libraries and use K2 to integrate (Sharepoint Workflow integration) with the content type instead of a specific list. I know this is possible with Blackpearl but not sure of this in .NET2003 though.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +9

this will be hard with K2.net 2003. With K2 blackpearl you can create workflows that gets associated with a content type that should help you with this requirement. 

Badge +1

I solved this issue by triggering the K2 process in the event reciever, actually attaching the process with the content type did not met my reqiorement so why I tried out this apoach. I have overrided ItemAdded and ItemUpdated events of custom lists which will trigger the curresponding K2 workflow  by passing data feeds of that process.

Thanks for all help

Anoop.KV

Badge +9

Thank you for the reply, just to make sure are you using K2 blackpearl?

Badge +1

Yes