authentication problems 24404

• 30 August 2013
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I can't connect to the K2 server from the client development PC any more:

"24404 Authentication with server failed for testuser@DOMAIN.XX.BBB with Message: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed"

"testuser" is an application pool user, the environment is configured to access the K2 as this user. There is no problem to access K2 from the web application deployed on another web server as "testuser".

Tried to apply the solution with 'DisableLoopbackCheck' registry setting, but it didn't work. Is there some other solution?

8 replies

Badge +6

Did it ever work before with this account? If so, what has changed. Any upgrades? Does the user has 'Log on as a batch" rights on the K2 server?

Badge +1

Yes, it worked, but for some unknown reason doesn't work anymore.

1. The configuration still works for the deployed web application on the web server: asp.net -> IIS -> specialTechnicalUserID + password ->  K2Server + SQL Server. K2Service is configured as LogOn as specialTechnicalUserID + password.

2. From the developer PC the authentication previously worked with CurrentUserID + NTLM and CurrentUser was recognized by the K2Server.

3. The developer PC and CurrentUser are in another domain.

4. Now the CurrentUserID is ripped out and replaced by the specialTechnicalUserID, though the impersonation is not specified anywhere, and the error is generated.

5. This is the case for K2Studio and Visual Studio on the develper PC as well.

6. The authentication on the K2 Administration Web Page is OK.

7. Both users are admins on all the servers.

Badge +1

Did you ever figure out how to resolve this issue?

I am having identical problems using K2 Studio on a PC that is just in a Workgroup and not the AD Domain.  Kerberos is not used, and I have tried even with the K2 service account which can browse the SmartObject server in Environment explorer, but the Deploy button doesn't work,  just get a message that I am not connect to K2 server, but see this message in log:

GeneralErrorMessage","K2Worker.AuthNative","1 24404 Authentication with server failed for servicek2@FQDN.com with Message: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed

Badge +7

Hi sborgwardt,

From scavenging through some K2 records, I found a lone one customer who received the same error and had a resolution. However, I can't say that this will solve your issue but the customer found that the account had a special character ";" in its password, which was throwing the error. After removing this, everything functioned fine without the 24404 Authentication issue. 

An engineer suggested that the customer try to disable a loopbackcheck (like qxp tried) and check the user credentials as per these steps:

Usually, you can just disable to loopback check on the server where you are seeing the error. As an example, if you open workspace and you see this error, you can just disable the loop-back check on the workspace machine.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa

3. Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

Badge +6

I have the same problem with my server. I have this DisableLoopbackCheck entry with 1 value, and i cannot connect to the server

I obtain this error

An exception of type 'ClientException' occurred in SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: 24404 Authentication with server failed for XXXX@yyy.com with Message: AcceptSecurityContext failed: The logon attempt failed

I have this code:

connectionSetup = new ConnectionSetup();
connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["Authenticate"] = "false";
connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["Host"] = "10.238.XX.XX";
connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["Integrated"] = "true";
connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["IsPrimaryLogin"] = "false";

connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["Password"] = "Project2015++";
connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["Port"] = "5252";
connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["SecurityLabelName"] = "K2";

connectionSetup.ConnectionParameters["UserID"] = "XXXXZZZ";
connection.Open(connectionSetup);

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Does setting Authenticate = true and IsPrimaryLogin = true changes the behavior/error?

https://www.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/devref/current/default.htm#ConnectionStringSamples.htm

Badge +9

IsPrimaryLogin and Authenticate must always be true as far as I can recall.

Badge +1

I was working on farm/nlb evnironment, and the second server was always returns "Authentication With Server Failed : The logon attempt failed". I tried this solution and it's workig perfectlly with me.