Error into Visual Studio Solution after migrate from 4.6.11 to 4.7

• 13 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,

After the update from K2 4.6.11 to K2 4.7, i get the following error into my Visual Studio SharePoint Solution  who using a reference to  SourceCode.HostClientAPI.dll and communicate with K2 with web service.

I have the following Error into Visual Studio " Error occured in deployment step ' Add Solution' : Error: Cannot add the specified assembly to the global assembly cache : SourceCode.HostClientAPI.dll".

I try to remove it manually from assembly but i have a error "Using by another application" / close Visual studio / iisreset  without sucess.

Best regards,

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi,

Navigate to the registry path below, remove the SourceCode.HostClientAPI.dll from there, and then uninstall it from GAC.

Path: - HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerAssembliesGlobal

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Thanks for your reply.

If i remove Key and remove DLL from GAC, i can deploy WSP with sucess . However, i will get an error  when i will open  an existing K2 workflow designer with Visual studio  (.kprx):

"Value cannot be null" and my workflow is not show only this error

To fix it, i have to launch K2 setup to repair, and then i will not be able to deploy WSP again..

After using command line to force DLL to be deployed ( gacutil.ex i f), i can deploy WSP but i get an error when i opening "Smart Object Tester"  :

Could not connect to server ("K2 Farm....:5555)

Inner exception : invalid archive type

Source : SourceCode.HostAPIClientAPi.

Do you have any idea ?