Pause Until Issue

Badge +2

I am new to SharePoint and Nintex workflows.  I configured a workflow with a "pause until" that looks at a date field and if the date field matches the current date the workflow should continue.  However, the "pause until" continues even though the date/current date does not match.  What am I missing?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

The reason this is not working is because the action does not know which item to look at on the list.

In the end you just want the worklow to pause until the date in the init_Checkout column.

Set a variable with this date and then in the Pause until action select workflow data and then this variable. The workflow will then pause until that date in the variable.

Badge +2

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply. 

I created the variable which I hope I did it right.  

7896i260BBCDBFC9065EE.png

And set the pause until as shown below.

7898i56BC20C80A358687.png

This should work now?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

That is not going to work.
Is there any reason you are using a lookup? Is the workflow running on a different list to the date you want to wait until?
Badge +2

Hello,

No reason, it is running on the same list.  I'm trying to start another workflow when the current date and the Init_Checkout date matches.  So far getting the other workflow to start was easy....getting the logic to work with the pause until dates..give me a headache.

MG

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Configure it like below pic.  The workflow will pause until the date that was set in the variable.

7899i95ED6D4317F6E8A0.png

Badge +2

Hello,

I did as suggested and it rolled right by the pause.  

7900iC52671046B87C792.jpg

Shouldn't there be something that compares the actual field date and the INIT_Checkout date?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
The action is Pause Until (Date Time). Once that date/time is reached the workflow will continue. If the date time is prior to the current date and time when this action is run then the action will be skipped.
Badge +2

That did work but I had to set the variable in the workflow just prior to this running.  Once I did that it worked as intended.

Thank you for the assist.

MG