Access Denied on deploying workflow integration process to dev

• 4 March 2010
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hello,

I am getting the following error in K2 Studio when I try to deploy a workflow integration process to my site. Its supposed to be a content type workflow. I'm running this as domain admin who has full access to pretty much everything I can think of. I've also given the webapp user full access to everything I can think of. Deploying an event process to a list works fine so I'm not sure what's going on.

1 Error(s)
(Tasks) Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred adding the feature to the farm. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Access denied.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.WebServices.K2SPFeatures.AddWorkflowFeature(String featureTitle, String description, Boolean isDefaultForms, K2SPStartForms startForms, K2SPTaskForm[] taskForms, K2SPModificationForm[] modForms)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.SharePoint.Common.Features.AddWorkflowFeature(String featureTitle, Boolean isDefaultForms, String FeatureDescription, K2SPStartForms startForms, List`1 taskForms, List`1 modForms, CredentialCache CredCache)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.ConfigureEvent.AddFeature(IntegrationObject integration)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationTask.Execute()

0 Warnings(s)

Thanks in advance

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

For the account you use to deploy:  this account needs administrative rights. This can be accessed on in Central Administration > K2 for Sharepoint tab > Under General  > add Service account to site administrators group. Select the appropriate site collection. Also add the K2 Service account as a Farm Administrator.

Vernon