Editable List with Drop Down List

• 8 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I have below requirement.

I have two SmartObjects.

First one (Department) is for list item, which has two columns. one is Deptno and another is Dname.

Senond one (Employee)  is attached with the editable list view. Employee got three columns ( Empno, Ename and Deptno).

the Editable list view ( Employee) has one drop down list for Deptno. At the time of adding new record drop down will display Dname from Department SO, but while saving it will save Deptno against the new employee.

Thanks with Regards,

JD

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I think I understand your requirement here, what portion are you having difficulty with?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Do you use any SmartObject Assocations on the Employee SmartObject? I'm guessing your setup is looking similar to the one below and the Department No. is getting saved due to SmartObject Association. If this is the case, then I would check the SmartObject Assocations.

- Select Department Name in from the dropdown.

-Department No. is saved to the backend system.

Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was facing problem while saving the data for Employee SmartObject.

I have managed to find my solution, and it's working fine.

Thanks with Regards,

JD

Badge +4

Hi,

Initial problem was not saving data in Employee SO. That problem has been solved.

But now i am facing an odd issue. That that data is saving, but for Deptno cloumn, same value (last value entered into the list) is geeting saved for all added rows.

Just i would like to recap:

I have a editable list view (Employee), which has three columns (Empno, Ename and Deptno). Deptno is the DropDownList, whose value is populating from DEpt SO.

While adding ,the drop down list of Dept will display Dname in the list, but while saving in Employee SO it will save the Deptno as a value.

Deptno is saving, but it is considearing the last enterted Deptno for all the Added rows.

It will be nice if you let me know the solution for the above issue.

Thanks with Regards,

JD