K2.Net SP2a with MS SQL 2005

• 18 November 2005
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

What about running K2.Net data bases on MS SQL 2005. Is it supported in SP2a? Does someone has experinces with such a configuration?

Tomasz

5 replies

Badge +9
Hi Tomasz,

SQL Server 2005 is currently not supported on SP2a. It is planned to be supported on the upcoming SP3 (which should be early 06).

On the flip side, I have seen the K2.net Server service (SP2a) working with SQL Server 2005. So far I have mostly noted that the workspace reports has certain issues with SQL Server 2005 (which will be fixed in SP3).

I hope this information helps you.

Cheers,

Johnny
Badge +1
I just discovered that K2 sp2a will not install to a SQL 2005 server.

I am supprised that this long after SQL 2005 has been RTM, that k2 still does not support it.

Now I have to install SQL 2000 just for my K2 server. That is not fun...
Badge +4
Hi mmorisoli

Have a look at the following forum article:
http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=616

Side note:
Look at the comments Renier (Moderator) made about ugly comments:

I am supprised that this long..... That is not fun...

We value our customers. :D
Badge +1
I thought I was being nice with my comment.

I had not seen the post you sent when I first discovered SQL 2005 was not supported. I am not even talking about the whole .NET v2.0 issue, that is a huge issue and I understand it takes time, I am just talking about using a SQL 2005 server on the backend. This should not be that big of a task.

From what I can tell the issues with K2 not installing on SQL 2005 has to do with stored procedures that are using syntax that is no longer support in SQL 2005.

Also, please have a talk with your DBA, perhaps SP3 would be a great time to actually implement advanced database concepts like Primary Keys on the K2 tables.

Thanks, Mike
Badge +4
I apologize. :oops: