Does restoring DB to another Server take across any Patches, CU, Codefixes?

• 18 September 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Just in the midst of a K2 4.7 DB Restore to a new server and i noticed that the hostserver.updatehistory table still shows the original source server patches, are these saved anywhere in the K2 DB or do they manually have to still be installed on top of K2 4.7?

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi  @Sharpharp1,

I do not think restoring K2 database takes across any Patches, CU, Codefixes to another server.

It takes K2 artifacts(workflows, smartobject and forms),  the reason you seen the hostserver.updatehistory is becasue it get created as any other table, so all the data on the databse will be restored on the new server including the table hostserver.updatehistory. 

Kind regards

Userlevel 2

Hi 

Please see belong documentation on more information with regards to restoring K2 database.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl-Articles/How-to-move-existing-K2-installation-and-database-to-a-new/ta-p/94036

see extract below from the article above:

Kins regards

Themba

Badge +12

Hi  @Sharpharp1, 

Just to add to Themba's point, yes he is correct as with fixpacks dlls on the actual environment are placed in specific directories. So yes it will be best reapply the fixpacks & CU's to the environment where the DB will placed after.  This should only do after the reconfiguration of via the set up manager. 

Kind regards, 

Perc

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Thanks all, doing the patches manually. Is it best to follow the same order as they appear in the ID field number in the updatehistory table?
Userlevel 2

Hi  @Sharpharp1,

Please see below screen shot from the CU update documentation.

Link to the documentation:https://help.k2.com/kb002261

Kind regards

Themba

Userlevel 3
Badge +16
Is it possible to clean up the UpdateHistory table so it doesn't include the imported history?
Badge +9

Hi Sharpharp1,

It doesnt seem like that table contains any dependancies, i believe (especially for 4.7) you should be able to delete all the records from the table and new entries will be added once you run the Cumilitive Update and/or Fix Packs.

I did a check and saw no issues when removing those records and then installing the latest CU / FP.

-Jean