Disable subform/subview border controls (Maximize and 'X' close button)

Badge +1

Hi All,

I am currently struggling with an issue on a SmartForms application. The application runs from a portal type landing page and all user interaction happens in either subform or subview windows.

So my rule set for the cancel button is working as expected but the users keep clicking the 'X' on the subforms and subviews and so far I have not been able to find a way to link the cancel button logic to the 'X' button logic. See attached screenshot for better understanding.

I have tried using the on subform closing rules but this causes so much effort as the submit, and save button close the subforms in anycase so that ruleset gets triggered in any case. I feel there should be a way to either hide or disable the border controls.

Does anyone have ANY experience with this a solution would be fantastic.

Kind regards,

Helgard Wagener

15187i8BFEE152433395C1.png

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

i got a solution that might help , its almost like linking the X button to the Cancel button , but in another way 

which is like the following , lets say u have a form named AForm , and subview named ASubview

on ur subview cancel button , just add "close subview" 

and on ur form AForm , add a new event , "when subview is closing"

inside this event , add all the rules/actions and logcical u have for ur cancel button , in this way when u click on cancel and subview closes , it will triger the event "when subview is closing"

and because X button triggers the same event "when subview is closing"

in this way X button and Cancel button will have the same rules.

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Badge +1

I have tried this solution but because the same subform is used for several interactions I am not sure how to disable that rule set depending on what the user activity is.

Lets say the first user interaction is creating a request - they would click on the request button on the main page that will open the subform and they would complete their action, this would close the subform on btnComplete being clicked so this would then action the on subform closing rule and delete the work that they have done.

Also there is a view which has a list of request items that you can double click to open a request in a read only mode, closing this would give the same problem as closing the subform will trigger the on closing event again, I have logged a how to support ticket and K2 has stipulated that there is no out of the box functionality for this and they have suggested injecting HTML to hide the button but I have no idea how to do this.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion ! I'll keep getting at it and see what I can do.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Im not really sure if i understood u right , but from wt i read , u want to have the subform working in different cases .

i do believe u could add parameters into ur subview to indicate which case u r on right now .

and need to add advanced condition , like if the parameter =1 then perform case 1.

if parameter=2 , then perform case 2.

my point is , using parameters and use advanced condition to set which set of rules to get executed at the right case at the right scenario .

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Badge +1

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks a lot for the idea I managed to get the parameters into a scenario where I can recognize when the cancel button logic should apply. Thanks a million.

You can try to add some css to the subform to hide the Maximize and 'X' close button.

<style type="text/css">.popup-header-button-bar-wrapper { display: none;}</style>