Data Fields not populating in email message body

Badge +2

I have a form with 2 views.  1 view is a list, the user clicks on a record in the list and it opens the items view.  The items view pulls in some data from the list view but the user is to enter specific data for 2 other fields.  I do not want these fields saved back to the database but I do want them to display in the email notification.  I can get the items from the list view to display in the email, just not the 2 fields they fill in.

What am I missing?

4 replies

Badge +12

Hi Carlar, 

Will it be possible to specify what does the workflow do, and also how does it start ? 

Badge +2

I got an undeliverable when I replied back so am responding here.

It is a very basic workflow.  The workflow starts by the office clicking on Send Email (once they have filled in the 2 fields).  The email body looks like this:

Trudy,

USD would like to request a change to the session/yearly cycle in PROD Colleague for the following course.

Course ID: 28314

Course Name: A&S-100

Course Title: First Year Seminar

Session Cycle Requested: This should fill in with the selected value from the drop down but doesn’t.

Yearly Cycle Requested: This should fill in with the selected value from the drop down but doesn’t.

Thanks

USD Grad/CDE

Badge +2

I am using a static list of values for the drop down items.

Badge +5

Hi Carlar,

you can create DataFields in the Workflow and at the moment you start the workflow you send the information from the view to the Workflow DataFields.

And in the Workflow you can use those DataFields for the E-Mail Body or something else.

I do the same in one of our workflows and this works very good.

Kind Regards

Alexander Christ