Created PDF wont show on PDF Listview

• 11 September 2018
  • 3 replies

This is the rule to generate the PDF Form which is known to make PDF Documents

when EMakePDFButton is Clicked
then execute Save as PDF control's Save PDF method (configure)

Then i get this challenge on how I can get this PDF document to be shown on the Listview created using PDF File Smart Objects. Please what exactly am I missing?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Gozni,

You can make use of the PDF File smartobject in System > Controls > Save as PDF to retrieve a list of all the PDFs generated. 

Badge +9

Hi Gozni,

1. First generate the PDF using Save As PDF control, Then store the ID of generated PDF to Smartbox or custom database. With reference key so that you can point to correct id while fetching the PDF file.
  2. Drag & drop file Attachment  control on the top of Listview  and  hide it.
  3. Now for List view show the button or link button, on Click execute below rules

Then on Filelist Smart Object, execute its Load method (configure)   

Then Transfer Data (configure)   

• In first rule Pass the ID as input parameter. And map the returned File property to the File Attachment control we added.
  • In transfer data rule execute below script. This will allow to download document automatically.

<script>$('[name="FileuploadcontrolName"]').click();</script>

Highlighted text  in blue color should be your file upload control name which you have added at point 2.

Thanks Kran,

Blog : k2recipes

Badge +9

Hi Gozni,

Just want to find out your scenario here?

Do you want to generate a PDF and then show all the PDFs generated in a List View, or do you have a current list view with some SmartObject data, and you want the PDF to be one of the columns?

-Jean