Create form documentation from complex form

• 14 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

I know this is problably a very complex question. I have a complex form with several views with a lot of controls (200 or so) and rules. This has been almost 2 months continuous developement working with a business user and I would like to know if there is some way, maybe database report or qery that I can pull all of the rules into a spreadsheet or report.

This applicaitom walks a user through a series of yes
o questions, some calculations and gathers data to make a reccomendation on how to reacharacterize revenue as there are some major changes to how revenue has to be reported starting in 2018. Our parent company wants this documentation to double check our logic.

Any help appreciated.

5 replies

Badge +6

Badge +6

HI 

This is a bit tricky since rules are broken up into different tables within the K2 Database, please see attached image of the tables you can look at however since this info has been broken up its kind of difficult to make sense of it.

For example on the [K2].[Form].[Event] table, there is a column called "Name" or "DisplayName" on it you can find data like the type of action taken on a rule like "On change" which means the rules is carried when something is changed or on click which is when a control is clicked.

I hope this helps. Please also note that K2 does not support direct Database modification.

Kind regards

Badge +9

I love this idea of exporting rules to documentation.  I have one form in particular that this would be extremely helpful.  You should submit a feature request! http://community.k2.com/t5/Community-News/Ideas-forum-How-to-log-a-feature-vote-on-existing-features-and/m-p/98915

Badge +7

I created a feature request for this. I was given a 3rd party tool from Blue Wave called Archeron to review but this only works with the workflows not the form and I could never get it to work very well. I need form documentation, Workflow documentation is failry easy in Visio.

Hi, considering the last reply date I suppose it is out of interest now, but for others - the 3rd party application called Smartforms inspector can be the solution.