Solved

Create a K2 Smartform for document set properties

• 11 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I have a SharePoint site with a document library using document sets. The document set consists of relevant metadata/properties. Is it possible to create a K2 SmartForm to edit document set properties and how would I achieve this?

icon

Best answer by FromKtoZ1 12 July 2018, 20:49

View original

2 replies

Badge +5

Hello Tuco,

It looks like this question has been asked once before. Here is a link to the other community post: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Edit-Document-Set-Properties-with-K2-Form/td-p/69886

Based on that link, I see that they had to enable Document sets on the SharePoint library and then refresh the service. Once that was complete they had the ability to get/update/delete/create.

The image in the link shows the Tester tool displaying those are options. Once we have a SmartObject with those options, you should be able to create a form with an "Execute SmartObject" rule. You can then tie that to the controls on the form to display the information, edit and update.

As a basic setup, once we get the SmartObject to work in the tester tool, I recommend using a rule to call the Get List method on initialize. You can then have it display that data in data labels on the form. Once you have set up the controls on the form to change the information. We just need to add another rule that calls the update method for the smartobject.

Hello FromKtoZ,

thank you for your helpful answer!