Clarification Requests

I am creating a proposal manager applictation for the organisation and one of the requirement is that the proposal devlopment team can submit a request for clarification regarding to the proposal to the proposal originator and the proposal originator can then submit a reponse to the proposal development team. The process may go through a series of iterations before the proposal is finally approved. The proposal development team need to keep the history of the requests and responses. I have set up a form to to the request and response but it only saves the mosts recent request and response. I need to be able to save all the requests and responses.

Could anybody advise the best way about doing this i.e. saving the requests and responses history

Regards

Andrew

2 replies

Badge +4

Try to create Audit Trail.

Create SmartObject where you can create entry for action of the user and also you can save certain field.

On the form when submit action rule take place execute smartObject for audit trail and use create method. In configuration of create method pass the action and the data(text) to comments field. This way you can create entry for the each action that is been performed on the form. Make sure to create requestID field on the Audit Trail smartObject. 

Then you can create List View of Audit TRail SmartObject and Add that list view to the form. On form Initialize state execute list method to load the list data. In the list view list method make sure to pass the request ID for filtered request, otherwise you will retrieve all the list data.

Hope this answer will help you and give you some Idea about it.

Regards,

VS

Many thanks I will give this a try

Regards

Andrew