Solved

Checkbox loading

• 1 April 2019
  • 9 replies

Hi I'm fairly new to K2 and experiencing a bit of an issue.

I have a form that the user wants to save and then a workflow triggers sending the form to the manager.

On clicking the link in the email it loads the form with all the data that had previously been save repopulating.

I have the whole form loading correctly apart from a checkbox list. The check box is populated from a seperate smartobject with a foreign key being the form GUID. I have done a get list method using the form GUID as the parameter to load the form but only the first option is loading.

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Thanks Steph

icon

Best answer by Steffi28 2 April 2019, 12:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If you execute your SmartObject function using the SmartObject Service Tester (or from the K2 Management site), do you get the results you expect? If so, then we can focus on the form. If not, then we will focus on the SmartObject logic. Take this step and report the results so we can narrow down the problem area.

Hi thanks for the reply

Yes it shows on the SmartObject Tester and if I create a list view from the SmartObject and filter it by the Form GUID again it shows the correct data, but even a transfer data from the list view to a text box is only showing one result.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hmm... so a list view control works as intended, but the checkbox list only shows one value with the exact same rules/configuration as the list view?

Pretty much yeah!  :(

@tbyrne777 wrote:

Hmm... so a list view control works as intended, but the checkbox list only shows one value with the exact same rules/configuration as the list view?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ok... sorry I am not in a position to try that out at the moment. If you don't get some answers later I'll try to reproduce it and see if I get the same results.

Thanks, we seem to think its something to do with the output being in a ; delimited string? so its only showing the last item in the string. Does that sound possible?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Possibly, though ti seems odd that the list view would handle that ok. Can the output be changed to a list/array value instead of delimited string? SmartForm controls tend to like that approach better when possible

I've fixed it.

I had to create a concatenate expression and put that into the checkbox, it loads fine now :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Great! Thanks for sharing the solution! Sorry I couldn't have been of more help