Can i Initiate A K2 process once an email received to a Doument Library in SharePoint

• 2 April 2012
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

I have a document Library in Share point 2010 which can reveice emails (incoming email) . 

I want to initiate a K2 workflow process whenever an email has been sent to this document library .. Is that possible, If yes .. How ? 

Regards,  

3 replies

Badge +10

Yes, this is possible. When an email gets sent to a document library it acts the same way as if you just inserted a document.  So you would associate a workflow with that document library and set the event to fire on new document.

Badge +10

I've used this technique as well.

Assuming Sharepoint is already configured and the emails are coming into the document library then its a matter of tying a SharePoint added event to your K2 workflow process using the

Designers > K2 Studio > Processes > Wizards > Process Wizards > SharePoint Events Process - Orientation

or

Designers > K2 Studio > Processes > Wizards > Process Wizards > SharePoint Workflow Integration - Orientation

The hardest part is what will be the type of event client interace you actually want to use when the user receives a task letting them know an email has come in and if appropriate actioning the task.

Badge +3

Thank you guys .. Its working :)