Change generic OOF task notification

Badge +2

I've been waiting for years for the arrival of OOF task notifications to delegates.   We finally upgraded to 4.7 and tried out the OOF notifications.  While I am thrilled that the delegates now receive notification.... I was extremely disappointed that they receive a generic notification that tells them nothing and looks like spam.  

We spend much thought and effort on our task notifications; we try to make them as informative and helpful as possible to our end users.  Users receive LOTS of email and they need to be able to easily and quickly understand the task so that work can be done efficiently.    These generic notifications are frankly embarassing.  I had assumed that the delegate notification would be the configured task notifications that the destination users receive. 

Is there any way to change this notification or force the configured task notification that the destination user receives to be sent to the delegate? 

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Antweed, 

Just to understand correctly; You set UserA OOF to UserB  > UserB receives the notification email for the tasks meant for UserA,  Is that correct?

Is this the email notification you are referring too?
That notification should be the same as the normal task notifications, will it possible to add a screenshot to show how your notification get through.

Regards

К2 4.7  4.16060.2000.2  with instaled February 2017 Cumulative Update

Email message  for delegated(OOF) user <> normal task message for destination user 

In K2 documentation I found: 

The notification sent to the forwarded (delegated) users is not customizable. The notification is only sent to forwarded users if the task is sent while the original user's out of office setting is turned on

Badge +2

Were you able to customize the notification?