Capture Error When Using For All Items Added Rule

Badge +4

I have an editable list view using and oracle package/procedure to handle the storage of records being saved. When I click the Save button I have a simple rule that uses the execute SMO for all items that have been Added rule. On the ORacle side I was controling whether there is an error or not in the data or insert/update and passing the error message back out whereby I want that error to display on the screen as a simple message.

On the oracle side I know I have an error, but K2 is not seeing any error message in the passed back parameter I am storing it in before trying to display the message. What am I missing here and how do I work with K2 to identify an error when submitting for each record being inserted?

Thanks,

Steve

16951i729F6179F4789BCF.jpg

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi steven_rossi

Can you send a screenshot of how the message is configured?

Is the error message perhaps caught in the K2 Hostserver log files?

Badge +4

Thanks for the response. Its not a K2 error. Let me explain myself some more. When adding new records using the SMO and K2 rile as shown in the snapshot, my SMO calls the oracle package/proc to insert the data into my table for each record inserted. If I encounter a transactional error (such as they forgot to enter a value in one of the fields on one of the records) I capture that error and send it back to K2 into one of the K2 parameters. However if I add an advanced condition rule in K2 that says if there was an error, display that error message I passed from my oracle procedure. However, K2 isnt seeing the record as an error. I am not sure if its how K2 is processing/seeing the record when using the "execute for all items added" rule. Does this help make more sense of what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

Steve