Smart Object Service - Authentication

• 22 January 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi, 

I'm having problems with setting up an instance of a smartbox service. The service is a custom one and is trying to connect to a SQL database. I've set it to use impersonation, but when I try to setup the instance i receive and error: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON'. Do you know what account is supposed the service instance to run under? It is very strange that it is trying to authenticate using the ANONYMOUS LOGON, when I'm using windows authentication.

I've checked the following:

1.The anonymous authentication is disabled for the workspace

2. It is not a database permission, because when I try to connect to the SmartBox database using the new service it is the same.

3. I can connect from the K2 machine to the SQL server, which is on a different box

Thanks.  

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

What happens when you uncheck the Impersonate box? In this case it will try to authenticate with SQL using the K2 Service account.

Also, can you describe your environment? i.e. SQL on one server, K2 and Workspace on a second server, etc. You may need to setup Kerberos authentication and this article can help with that.

Thanks,

Mike