Can we redirect a task from Group to User

• 3 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

Hello Guys,

I have a typical situaion where a task will be intially assigned to a AD Group. (one Worklistitem will be created in the name of this group as destination)

Now i want to specifically assign this task to an individual user .

I tried redirecting the task, but it didn't work. Instead it is creating a new worklistitem with the redirected user as destination and old one with group name is also still available.

Could any one guide me with your ideas for dealing this situation.

Thanks,

VIjay.

4 replies

Badge +3

Hello Vjay,

Hope you are doing good !!

Could you please eleborate more on the issue.  Happy to help more on this .

Is it you want in that group every personm should take respective action then it shouid move further ?

or any one of them take take actin activity should moved ?

Cheers ,

Chiru

Badge +9

Hello Chiru,

Thanks for your reply.

Let's assume there is a AD Group = Group1 which has 3 users = User A, User B, User C

When i create an instance of workflow, intially it will assign the task to Group1. In worklistitem it shows Destination as Group1

Now i want to redirect this task to a particular user, let's say User A, so that the worklist item should update the Destination as User A.

When i tried redirecting, it is creating a new worklistitem with Destination as User A with the old Worklist item still being shown.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Vijay.

Badge +4

I have the same issue, K2 appears to "Share" instead of "Redirect" the task.

I want to redirect from "Group1" consisting of "User1,User2,User3" to just "User4" but it seems impossible with the destination options?

Do we have any solution for this yet?