I have a scenario as below
1. User will create a form and save it as draft - this record should stay with the originator and should be availble in his work list
2. Then when the user click on submit button , the record should change the status to submitted and the workflow should go to his manager for approval.
To address this:
I have created 2 work flows in Designer
1. when the user click on save as draft button
2. when the user click on save and submit button
The issue is
1. Is there a way to combine into 1 workflow
2 . If I maintain 2 workflow for a single form, only one is active . And if i need to make the other workflow active , i need to manually deploy the 2nd workflow ........(the other becomes inactive)
Appreciate your inputs..
Even I’m very eager to see some response on how to activate 2 different workflows on the same form.
But if the above mentioned things are your actual requirements, we can do with line rules instead of creating 2 different workflows.
Approach to follow:
If the user click Save button, pass some parameter (call as Save) from Form to WF. In line rule you can check that parameter and proceed to the next activity
Same way you can do for Submit button aswell
This issue was Resolved:
Added a Form Rule to Start the Submit Workflow when the user action the form by clicking Submit Button.
By perfomring this approach, the Save Workflow gets completed and Initiates the Submit WF process.