Navigating to another smartform in next activity

• 25 March 2014
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

HI,

There smartform1 in activity1 and smartform2 in activity2. On button click in smartform1 i want to move from activity1to activity2 and open smrtform2. Can someone plz help me in getting this going??

I have tried approaches like navigate to form rule on button click but i m not getting how will that get the process context. I really feel i am missing something here. Appreciate ur help. 

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

This should be achievable within SmartForms. Just to clarify - you have two forms, each with their own seperate activity, and you would like to start Activity 2 located on Form 2, once Activity 1 on SmartForm is completed? 

This should be an easy an simple task that can be done by setting up and assigning a rule to a button. 

A 'Navigate to form' rule should be used to navigate to another form.

And the workflow or activity has to be bound to a rule as well, this rule can be as basic as 'When form is Initialised' and will start once the form is loaded. 

Regards,

Badge +2

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The part i am confused is how the "navigate to form" rule will get the context of the process so that my process moves ahead as well??

Badge +6

Is the Activity 1 in Form 1 also implemented in Form 2? Or are there two seperate processes?

Badge +2

Activity1 and activity2 are separate activities in the same process and they have a smartform event each,  essentially smartform1in activity1 and smartform2 in activity 2respectively.

Badge +6

So you would lie to set each activity to be actioned on their respective form? I do not know if this functionality is supported as yet, but I will test around on my side and get back to you.

Badge +2

Ok. Please do

Badge +7

There is also the possiblility that you can stay on the form and make it appear as though you were going to another.

I have been building one main form with hidden views, to maximize on space.  When a task is complete on view 1, I'll hide view 1 (type hide in search under action section), then show view 2.  This allows you to retain the form ID and display data as though they had transitioned to another form.