AppPool crashes & Visual Studio Just-In-Time & KERNELBASE.DLL Error

• 10 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

When I'm trying to do something in designer/K2Studio, I'm getting Visual Studio Just in Time Debugger error. I'm getting this error very frequently. (Error snapshot attached: Error-AppPool-Crash.png)

After that app pool crashes & must be reloaded in order to work further.

- Things might be taken in consideration:

K2 Version: 4.7

Ran reconfigure wizard to move DB server to SQL 2016, after that installed cummulative update (March 2018) & hotfix FP47.

I've referred https://help.k2.com/kb001826 & retried reconfiguration with latest CU & FP but seems not working.

-- Can anyone suggest resolution?

Error texts:

#1. ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0 Error:

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT

Process ID: 8428

Exception: System.TypeLoadException

Message: Could not load type 'SourceCode.Web.IConnectionPool`1' from assembly 'SourceCode.Security.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d'.

StackTrace: at SourceCode.Forms.Controls.Web.SDK.Utilities.ConnectionClass.OnCleanupTimer(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

#2. .NET Runtime Error:

Application: w3wp.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.TypeLoadException
at SourceCode.Forms.Controls.Web.SDK.Utilities.ConnectionClass.OnCleanupTimer(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

#3. Application Error:

Faulting application name: w3wp.exe, version: 8.5.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x5215df96
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.19358, time stamp: 0x5ccfa112
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00000000000085bc
Faulting process id: 0x20ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5371d91b5b530
Faulting application path: c:windowssystem32inetsrvw3wp.exe
Faulting module path: C:Windowssystem32KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: dd7d5677-a3*personal details removed*e9-811e-005056b2470f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

12067i59FD290C8C61027A.png

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
You can try disabeling VS JIT Debugger, run the following in Powershell as an admin
# Disable Execution Policy
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

# Disable VS JIT Debugging
Remove-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAeDebug" -Name "Debugger" -ErrorAction "SilentlyContinue"
Remove-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAeDebug" -Name "Debugger" -ErrorAction "SilentlyContinue"
Remove-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWAREMicrosoft.NETFramework" -Name "DbgManagedDebugger" -ErrorAction "SilentlyContinue"
Remove-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoft.NETFramework" -Name "DbgManagedDebugger" -ErrorAction "SilentlyContinue"
Badge +4

Hi Vernon,

Thank you for the solution.

I applied the powershell script. It indeed stopped the error of Just-In-Time debugger & stopped app pool crash.

BUT in the event viewer I still see the same crash errors. (#1, #2, #3)

Can you give any detail on it? How to solve it? If possible.

Thanks,

Nirav

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Your welcome Nirav

I would start to check that the CU and FP applied with no errors, for this you can check the install logs for each, install log is generated in the extracted source folder from which you installed the CU and FP. I suspect the SourceCode.Security.Web.dll might not have been updated.

Side Question - Can you access the K2 Designer?
Badge +4

Hi Vernon,

I'll check for the logs. Attaching SourceCode.Security.Web.dll Modified date snapshot.

Yes, I can access designer site. But while doing something in views it gives these errors.

I am checking for the installer log meantime.

Thanks,

Nirav

Badge +9

Hi Npatel

The errrors must disappeared after disabling just-in-time debugging in Visual Studio. Please have a look at the Microsoft article below for instructions:-

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5hs4b7a6.aspx

To enable or disable Just-In-Time debugging

1. Open Visual Studio. On the Tools menu, click Options.

2. In the Options dialog box, select the Debugging folder.

3. In the Debugging folder, select the Just-In-Time page.

4. In the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box, select or clear the relevant program types: Managed, Native, or Script.

To disable Just-In-Time debugging, once it has been enabled, you must be running with Administrator privileges. Enabling Just-In-Time debugging sets a registry key, and Administrator privileges are required to change that key.

5. Click OK.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-za/visualstudio/debugger/just-in-time-debugging-in-visual-studio?view=vs-2015

Regards

Elvis