K2 Designer OK button not working when editing Rule

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Anyone else had this?

I'm trying to edit a form rule using k2 Designer.

I go into the rule, make the changes (can be any change) and then click on the OK button (you have a choice of Settings, OK, Cancel), but when i click OK, the spinning circle appears for a few seconds, but the rule stays on the screen and doesn;'t take me back to the other rules selection screen.

If i click cancel, that works fine and takes me back, but then none of my changes have been saved...

I've tried IE, Firefox, Chrome and it does the same on all of them....

Any ideas?

9 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

May be its silly to ask but still i wanna make sure. Did you clear the browser cahce? If the issue still persists try to reset IIS and clear browser cache and give it a try.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Another suggestion next to the caching that pajwal suggested ,

do u have any custom style theme applied into this form ? that might mess up the buttons ?

Regards.

Badge +7

I have seen this happen and even when the rule screen goes gray, only cancel works. This happens to me after using Designer for a while and the more rules work I do the more frequently it happens.  I have noticed that Designer uses a lot of system memory and I suspect it is a hung process. When this happens to me I close every browser window and I have even had to use task manager to end IE processes.

when I go back in the problem is usually resolved. I have also seen other problems that require me to close all browser windows.

1) When dragging controls in rules gets slow or unresponsive.

2)  When opening rules take much longer than normal.

3) When the app seems to pause for 10 or more seconds

I routinely close all windows to clear up memory. Let me know if this works for your issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I have tried everything imagiable, but it won't fix it.

1) I rebooted PC

2) Tried several Web Browsers and Cleared Cache in IE, Firefox, Chrome

3) Restarted K2 Server

4) Tried K2 designer from Server and different machines

I have no custom themes, just a regular form

It just sits there if you click OK, nothing happens. If you click CANCEL, it closes without saving my changes.

I have no clue how to fix this, any other ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Sharpharp1,

Can you grab me network traces?

Press 12 (developer tool)

Click OK on the rules dialog/window

Check the console, if you can find any error please attach it

Kind Regards,

Mustafa 

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi Mustafa,

Just tried that, there is an entry in the Console tab (f12) after clicking OK.

SCRIPT7: Out of memory

File: DT, Line: 455, Column: 487

SourceCode.Forms.Designers.Rule===null)&&(SourceCode.Forms.Designers.Rule={});var n=SourceCode.Forms.Designers.Rule.AJAXCall={saveRule:function(t){var q={method:"SaveRule",ruleDef:encodeURIComponent(SourceCode.Forms.Designers.Rule.tmpConfiguredRulesDefinitionXML.xml),context:SourceCode.Forms.WizardContainer.currentRuleWizardContext,contextDefinition:encodeURIComponent(SourceCode.Forms.Designers.Rule.tmpContextDefinition.xml),ruleID:t},r={url:applicationRoot+"Rules/AJAXCall.ashx",type:"POST",data:q,

The Network tab has this entry:

URL    Protocol    Method    Result    Type    Received    Taken    Initiator    Wait    Start    Request    Response    Cache read    Gap
/Designer/Rules/PartialPage.aspx    HTTP    POST    200    text/html    18.72 MB    2.94 s    XMLHttpRequest    167826    0    2620    250    0    0

What i did notice is, if i click the OK button 2 or 3 times, it brings up a dialogue box Warning "Select and configure an Action".

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Still having this issue...which is with K2 support.

I just stumbled across this post, which is similar:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Unable-to-save-changes-to-rule-configuration/ta-p/89920

I already have the maxRequestLength in the webconfig file set to 2097152 which hasn't made the slightest improvement

But can someone tell me where in the webconfig file to add the second part: "maxAllowedContentLength" and what to set it too?

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

Badge +7

I cannot say yet if it fixes the poblem but you should be able to add the key like this

<add key="maxAllowedContentLength" value="30000000"/>

in the AppSettings section

Badge +12

Hi,

You are supposed to add "maxAllowedContentLength" within "allowDoubleEscaping":

<requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping = “true”>
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength = “300000000” />
</requestFiltering>

Kindly perform an iisreset after making the change on the Designer web.config. Hope this helps.