Add AD Field to K2 Service Type

• 13 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I am currently using the out of the box K2 AD SmartObject to create AD accounts but need to update a field that does not exist as part of it. I found this link: http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Dynamic-Active-Directory-Service/ba-p/869# and tried implementing it but am getting errors and just cant get it to work. I am assuming its older and we are new with K2 (4.16060.2000.0 (4.7). Has anyone successfully done this and can share how/what is needed to be done? I am assuming some extensive coding is involved. I am not a big coder so any help would be great. 

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +4

We currently have the active directory dynamic SO blackmarket v1.1 running in our 4.7 environment, I can confirm it works, unfortunately I was not involved in the set up, but I have heard that you have to follow the documentation to the letter and it was a pain to get working.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I wanted to let you know that it does work in 4.7 so you know you aren't wasting time.

Badge +4

Thanks for responding. Any chance I can chat with the person who did set it up?

Badge +4

I just wanted to follow up to my post regarding the use of the Dynamic Active Directory Service from the blackmarket. I did get it to work in my environment. I have attached a document I put togehter that shows the issue I ran into when trying to get it to work and what I did instead to get arround the error using the normal SmartObject Service Tester to build my Types and Instances to get it working.

Thanks,

Steve