Usage of Item Reference after creating it on K2 Studio WF

Badge +6

Team,

- I have a Worklist Control filled with tasks pending to be approved or rejected.

- Each task was created on another form with lot of info.

Is it possible to click on a task from the Worklist Control and get the info? If Item Reference has the trick, how do I use it after creating the Item Reference on K2 Studio WF? I read K2 tutorials but still do not get how Item Ref should be used after it was created (http://help.k2.com/kb001367)

I would appreciate any help on this.

Will

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi LDWill

The Item Reference is not  available from the worklist control. The item reference is just an XML snippet that the workflow uses to actually then go and get the SmartObject data at runtime.

If you want to display data then either use data fields in your workflow, or have a task form that displays the necessary business data.

Badge +6

Andrew,

and after creating all the Data Fields, how do I show them? Because I want to click on an item from the Worklist Control and get the additional info.

I am using smartforms integration with sharepoint.

Thanks

Badge +6

SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT

As you can see, when I click on the VIEW LIST, more info will be displayed below.

If I want to do the same with the WORKLIST ITEM CONTROL, what should I do?  I mean click on the item, and get additional info (using the same fields, for view list and for worklist)

Thanks

12345i36146DBBDAE90677.png
Userlevel 1
Badge +8

The only way users can view data fields from the worklist is by opening the ViewFlow

Have a look at the SmartForms Help:

Worklist Control

Badge +6

Colleagues recommended me to have the following design:

- 1 form as an Inbox (worklist control)

- 1 form to show the user additional information in case is needed (also add the action buttons)

- Use data fields on the WF to associate SerialNo with ID from sharepoint list.

That would be instead of having all on 1 form.

is this correct?

Thanks.