radio button control with actual buttons

• 26 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

We would like to have the radio control group control, but we need actual buttons.

we have a form where a user completes and audit, with Yes or No answers.

this will be on a phone.  radio buttons don't look that great, and we would like actual buttons

is this possible?

or what are peoples solutions for phone used forms

4 replies

Hi braddo

anything is 99% possible with k2 mobiles application elements for UI, but i'd strongly advice you to use onhovering dropdown options or alternatively your situation would best fit for checkpoints for effective UX design.

Note: this might not be exact answer but if it leads you to the answer mark it as "kudo, and or / accepted soution"

thank you.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Good day Braddo

Unfortuanitly out of the box both the button controls and the toolbar button controls cannot be grouped together to form a grouping as you described. The only alternatives I can see to get this required result would be a custom one, by either creating a your own custom control suited for the purpose you need or to add custom code via an data label to take affect on the radio button which would change the control to look like a button instead of a radio button but still have the functionallity of the radio button control in the back end.

You can have a look at the following articles which could help you towards creating your own custom control that would have the required capabilities to group buttons together similar to a radio button list or radio butto group control. 

Creating a Custom Control Project

Creating a Basic Custom Control

Please do however keep in mind that K2 will not support the custom control nor will K2 support an custom code or custom changes.

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Badge +8

thanks for the reply

unfortunately i don't have the skills to make my own control..

i'll have to work with a different solution

Badge +8

thanks for the reply..

we will have to work with the method we have