k2 5.3 .net Core 2.1 end date

• 22 April 2021
  • 5 replies

with .net core 2.1 end of live date of later this year, will the k2 5 requirement of having 2.1.7 installed be changed to .net 5?  Will updating .net core to 5 on a k2 blackpearl server break K2?

5 replies

Hi pz3zlx,

As of K2 Five 5.4, .NET Core 2.1.8 is required to install or upgrade K2.

You can refer to the compatibility matrix for more details: https://help.nintex.com/en-US/K2CompatibilityMatrix/CompatMatrix/Content/ProductCompatibilityMatrix.html

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such
using the 'Best Answer', 'Like' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

Nintex will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hello Kate,

i think what pz3zlx meant to say was. We must update .NET Core.

I had a ticket with labs on this matter and the answer form labs was: "no support for anything that is above .NET Core 2.X. "

This puts many enterprise customers in an unpleasant situation because we do need to follow security guidelines.

Is this a priority issue? Where do we go from here?

Thanks

Vitali

References:

.NET Core  https://dotnet.microsoft.com/platform/support/policy/dotnet-core

Hello pz3zlx

I talked to our support representative about this issue.

Kate mentioned. "It is required to upgrade" to 5.4 that is correct.

But on piece of information is missing .NET Core is not required to run 5.4. 

We had a call with our representative who confirmed that presence of .NET Core is only required for upgrade procedure but not after.

Well that was a wrong advice.
Once we upgraded and uninstalled .NET Core the services didn't start anymore.
Install .NET Core back and everything is working fine. Any Newer version is not working either.

Did you ever get a resolution for this?