attaching multiple attachments from a list view to an email

• 6 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We have a form that includes an editable list view that includes attachments. So, for each form,  we will get a varying number of attachments.  In the workflow, at the very end we PDF the form and then attach that PDF to an email.  I would also like to include all of the attachments on the email.  But, it only ever attaches the very last attachment from the list.

Is this possible?

We do not use SharePoint.

Thanks,

Leah

5 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

Are you using a SmartObject to grab a list of attachments in your email event? There should be an option that allows you to select to return all items instead of a single item, when you try to configure the SmartObject method to execute.

You can also refer to this old community post here.

Badge +1

Yes, I'm using a smartobject.  When I drag the attachment in, I am  given 2 options; 'first item where' or 'all items as a collection'.  'First item where' returns the first item based on the ID I'm passing so that doesn't work.  And 'all items as a collection' doesn't give me an option for entering an ID or filter to specifiy which items to pull. 

Badge +12

Hi LPlett,

How about calling a Create a Reference step prior to the step which sends an email? You may be able to specify input properties to filter the results of your SmartObject. You can then use the reference created later on to retrieve the files needed to be attached.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I have found the E-mail Event to be buggy in this regards. I always end up overriding the code of the event (in K2 4.7 or lower) by right clicking it and choosing "View Code". In the AddAttachment_ExecuteCode function, I do a loop through all of the attachments I want and append them to the emailEventXML.

Badge +8

I was able to get this work in my environment. I created a SmartObject that has a File property and built a list view to add multiple attachments into the SmartObject. 

I hope this helps.