Solved

approval workflow smart actions not appearing as a link working in an email

• 26 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am a  complete newbie and just working through the K2 5 tutorials, but on all 'task' email alerts the smart actions do not appear as hyperlinks. The 'worklist item' does work OK if I leave it at the default one that appears on the initial email, although if I added this manually to the email via the context list then that doesn't link either.

I am read a similiar thread in regard to this issue, but that thread seems to be about the links not performing the actions after being clicked, I can't get mine to hyperlink to start with, any ideas?

Heres the email output:

From: K2 BlackPearl Server (test) Sent: 26 July 20*personal details removed*:48 To: Julie Bird <*personal details removed*> Subject: Document Submitted for your approval: Dummy 1.docx

Dear Julie Bird, A document is awaiting your approval. Please review the attached documenty and indicate whether your approval decision in one of the following ways Use the following link to open the worklist item: Click to open worklist item

To action your task via e-mail, respond with one of the following actions:

• Approve
  • Reject

You may also use one of the standard actions:

• Redirect
  • Delegate
  • Sleep

The serial number for this task, SN=27_14, must be included in the thread in order for the server to process the action. You may also reply with 'Help' or 'Actions' to see further information and examples.

icon

Best answer by Kran 26 July 2018, 17:06

View original

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi JulieBird,

K2 Smart actions will not be appearing as link over email, to take action you have to respond with one of the available actions.

For more info refer K2 SmartActions

Hi Kran, thanks for the reply!

Blimey, that not very intuitive is it lol 

Maybe the tutorials should put in the email body of their examples ... 'To respond via email, do an email reply and manually type in one of the following actions in the body of the email and hit send'  :-)

Thanks again, you've saved me a lot of time :-)