app templats or skeleton

• 16 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Is there is anyway to create a template or skeleton that can be use to develop a new apps in next time

5 replies

Hi, Mahjooob,

The easiest way I could think you could do this would be to package your said “template” and just deploy it when you need it.

I’m sure there are other ways, but this seems to be the easier solution I can think of right off the bat.

Regards,
Kevin Zhou

KevinZ wrote:

Hi, Mahjooob,

The easiest way I could think you could do this would be to package your said “template” and just deploy it when you need it.

I’m sure there are other ways, but this seems to be the easier solution I can think of right off the bat.

Regards,
Kevin Zhou

thank you, but in this case, how I can deploy the package as a new project, not overview the existing one?

Dear @KevinZ 

can you support please how I can change the package to not overwit hem the old project and created as new one

This is a terribly painful process. 

I have packaged it in my production environment, deployed it to my dev environment, then change out the names of all the tree structures, objects, workflow names, forms, and views.

Repackage in my dev environment

Deploy back to production. 

Should be an easier way.   There are some ‘switches’ you can use in the packaging process to “use existing”, or “create new”, but that process never really worked for me, and has actually overwritten stuff. 

Sucks.

Badge +6

If you developing using K2Apps framework, then you can can set your apps as template.

https://help.nintex.com/en-us/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#Apps/Administer/Administer-App-Framework.htm?Highlight=template

Once you know how K2Apps works, you can create your own by following the pattern.

K2Apps framework database is in K2 database and it uses smartbox smartobjects