Workspace not found error

• 8 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I've encountered a problem, when opening K2 Workspace on testing enviornment. I have been changing some elements on it and copying one custom workspace. But after that, everytime i go to https://....../Workspace, I get the following error (see attachment workspace_error). Even, if I change default workspace to other cutom or original workspaces, the error stays the same. I also tried to creating new workspace, but nothing helps. 

If I refresh the page, when I get this error, everyting works okay - the issue is also solved when I switch from default workspace to another workspace, by clicking K2 logo on top of the page (see attachment changeWorkspace) .

Anyone knows what could be the issue?

10905i06A355E918BD3489.png
11880i00B10E8FFE930B57.png

6 replies

Hi primozsisko,

Could you give a bit more information about what changes you made before you started seeing this error? Have you been creating/editing your custom Workspace pages strictly through the Management -> Users -> Custom Workspaces UI, or were changes made elsewhere?

Cheers,

Emily

@emilyc  Yes, only through the Management page. I think that issue started, when I copied one custom workspace, made changes on a copy (I added Header to menu and Workspace Landing view as a dashboard). Then I deleted the workspace, that I've made a copy of and finally I renamed new (copy) workspace to deleted workspace name.

Thanks

Badge +9

Hi primozsisko

Does the error goes away after pressing the "F5" key?

To resolved this issue change the Default Workspace setting on the respective User's Workspace.

Regards

Elvis

Hey  @ElvisJacob,

thank you for you response, but unfortunally assigning different default workspaces doesn't work. The issue is not on individual users workspaces, but reather error occures on all clients. Do you think someting whent corrupt in K2 Database?

Best regards.

Badge +9

Hi Primozsisko

Did you do a backup before changes? because the practice  is to always take a backup when you do some changes that will affect your entire system. Restoring the backup that you took before you do some changes should resolve the issue

Regards

Elvis

@ElvisJacob Maybe I wasn't clear enough. The changes on a database weren't made manually. Workpace error occured when adding, editing and changing (default) workspaces through K2 Management site. So no, before the changes were made on K2 Management, the database wasn't backed up. 

Now I'm just assuming, that this is a system error, that needs to be fixed on K2 side. 

Best regards,

Primož