Worklist Search

• 5 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +10

Does anybody know the criteria of the Worklist Search icon?   I've been noticing that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.   I have QA that enters a number '2620' and it shows a 'Search More' button.  After clicking on that it it shows the record.

Sometimes when typing in a number it will immediately appear in the record. 

** Note - what we may be searching on are Request IDs that would be in the Folio. Not neccessarily the ID of the Instance.

13736i5A256B3DC31E6DFA.png

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi  @AAschenbrener 

The only reason I could think of is the worklist doesn't use direct SQL execution which means it returns all of the worklist items then filter against them. 

but I still think this is a bug, K2 should handle this behaviour even if the row falls out of the worklist items limit per page/set since it is not showing anything when performing the search. 

Please log a support ticket

you can enable SQL trace to see the query and verify if the filter is done on the SQL layer.

Try to increase the rows property or search for an item that is present in the first set/page and let me know if you see the same behaviour.

Badge +10

So just as a note -  This is on a view using the Worklist Control OOTB. 

I searched for one that was already displaying in my 10 limit -  it was slightly slow but did come up.
I searched for one that was in the next set of 10 (not displayed) and it shows the No search results found with the Search More button -  click that and the record appears.
I searched for one that was in the about 4 sets of 10 (not displayed) and it shows the No search results found with the Search More button -  click that and the record appears.

I'll submit a Support Ticket.

Thank you.