Workflow task emails are not sending to Task Users

• 24 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Recently K2 service account that used for K2 server has been migrated to O365 and then K2 stops sending the mails to TASK Users.

TASKS actions are also not covering with the migration. Please help me in resolving this issue.

2 replies

Hi gelli2016,

Did you run the K2 Setup Manager with the 'Configure' option after the migration to O365?  This should update most of the relevant settings on the K2 environment such as the connection strings and the .config files.  

Do you have any error screenshots that we can take a look at?  Is this also occurring for new process instances that were started after the migration, or is this limited to old instances only?

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi gelli2016,

To add to what chruff said, you will have to run the K2 Setup Manager and update the current Exchange Server configuration to use Exchange Online account, see below.

Another thing is to check if EWS url is accessible from the K2 server. In this case, you will log on to the K2 server (k2 service account) and browse to the Exchange Online default EWS url (https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx), I have seen sometimes, the additional server firewall setting will prevent this. 

If you plan to use SmartActions feature in a later state, I would  recommend taking a look at the following documentation link. For SmartActions feature to work with Exchange Online, the online mailbox must be associated with the local AD account.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/icg/5.3/default.htm#Install/Manual/K2/Inst-Smartactions.htm?Hi...

Apologies for the cut-and-paste here:

"When Exchange Online is used for SmartActions, the online email address must be associated with a local Active Directory Account or email actions will not fire and the following error will be reported: "System.Exception: No destinations could send the message Workflow item received.".

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.