Workflow not auto saving data and the page eventually crashes

• 20 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Good Morning Everyone,

I have a pretty complex workflow connected to sharepoint that I does not autosave and will crash after making changes. The close is grayed out but the save button is no longer flashing. If I click on the save button it flashes for a bit then stops. The close is still grayed out. When it crashes I lose all of my changes and the website just gives me an error that the page couldn't load. The server is not giving me any log files related to this. When I reload the page I have to wait an eternity for the workflow to load if it ever does. If I clear the cache it will load the page again. Any ideas what is causing this behavior?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Perhaps, you can take a look at the IE or Chrome's local storage.

1. Open the Developer Tools in Chrome by pressing F12 and click on the Application.

2. You will see the localStorage's content, I would check for usage storage and try to clear it out. 

I am expriecing he same issue. I did the provided troubleshooting steps and it is still crashing my browser.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Were there any changes to the workflow? If you edit the workflow Start step, step through the integration wizard, and see if it's completed? What would happen if you expand each item reference in the workflow? Another option to try is, you can use package deployment tool to detect any missing references when trying to create a k2 package, do you see any missing references?