Solved

Workflow Wizard Actions missing in K2 5? Have they been withdrawn?

• 3 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,

We have a new install of K2 5 (not an upgrade) and I was suprised at how few workflow actions there were until I noticed in the older version of K2 they had many Workflow wizards within the Workflow designer that provided a number of useful actions but we do not have these in our install?  Have they been withdrwan altogether or do we need to install an add on or similar?

Here are the main ones we seem to be missing that we would utilise:

Documents Set Wizard
Groups Wizard Users
Wizard Active Directory
Wizard Exchange Wizard
Word Document Wizard
All Permission Actions (On libraries, Lists and documents)

A particular scenario I am trying to achieve is to convert a word document to a PDF and have it moved to a different library location, how could this be achieved without the ‘Word Document’ wizard which includes this action on the old version?

Thanking anyone in advance that could throw me some light (total newbie sorry!).

Julie :-)

icon

Best answer by EmilyK 8 August 2018, 02:08

View original

5 replies

I'm guessing I'm the only one out of my 50 viewers that are using K2 5 then and New :-(

Badge +6

Hello, 

Are you using k2 designer or k2 studio? 

In k2 desinger this tools are merged into single step that is called "Task" .

Once you drag the task event you can see all the options of form integration as "Basic task form", "Smartforms",Custom".

Please find the attached screen shot for task step.

Regarding others SharePoint event, those methods are build into sharepoint service object now so you can create a smart object by using your source sharepoint and you can use smart object. That is more faster and reliable because you can use in either place like smart forms or workflow or report. 

hope this makes you clear. 

Thanks.

Badge +7
yes we are one in the few...
Badge +10
Hi JulieBird,

A lot of these things can be achieved using SmartObject events. (see: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/SmartObjects/Overview/SmartObjects-Overview.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CWorkflows%7CUsing%2520the%2520K2%2520Workflow%2520Designer%7CToolbox%7C_____7)

The Word Document event is only compatible with SharePoint 2007 and 2010, as SharePoint 2013 and later did not include the Word Conversion services: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#LegacyDesigntools/Thick_Client_Wizards/Event_Wizards-General/WordDocuments/Word_Documents_Event.htm

Thanks everyone for the replies, its much appreciated.  It's not good news about the document functions being lost with SP 2013, especially the convert to PDF action, we have several applications for that :-(

I can see that a lot of the list permission actions are available by dragging the main site/list smart object into the workflow, now just to work out how to use it in an action ;-)

Thank goodness for this forum as I can't find any others, although I feel a bit stupid asking such small questions in a very technical sounding forum, I am not new to workflows having developed with SharePoint for 13 years and have a grounding in infopath but K2 smartforms/workflows are not similar to either so I really am back to square 1!  Maybe we could have a 'total newbie section', where all the baby questions get asked, over a period of time it could become the perfect newbie tutorial in itself lol :-) 

Julie