Solved

Workflow Reports erroring on different Environments

• 21 November 2018
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +10

We have a List View on a development environment that is using the list method from Workflow Report > Activity Location Destination.  Runs correct, we did not modify it at all.

We recently packaged over into a new testing environment (no changes made on anything) and the same list method Workflow Report > Activity Location Desination is not generating records for anything new.

The workflow is working -- as a side note.

We are using this to display workflow information specific to a request entered.

Any suggestions? 

13866i60A5A954D7C55059.png

icon

Best answer by AAschenbrener 27 November 2018, 20:05

View original

5 replies

Badge +15

Did you compare the process rights of the workflow you want to view in your report between your dev and test environment? In order to run reports, the user running the report will need to have View or View Participate permission.

View rights allow your users to run reports for all instances of your worklfow. View participate only allows users to run reports for instance they are involved in.

Badge +10

The workflow rights are the exact same as we had in the other environment.  Even I as an admin am not able to run the Activity Instance Destination Workflow Report.   No records from any new workflows are appearing.

Under Management > Task List of the Workflow - I see process details for the workflow / tasks. 

This report is found in the Categories > Workflow Reports > Workflow General > Activity Instance Destination.

Any other suggestions?

Badge +10

Not sure if this helps, but on the Management > Workflow Reports > Workflow General > Process Instance (SmartObject) the record rows in there stopped at 28.   In SQL where we are storing the ProcInstID it starts at 29.  So it appears that the Process Instances for our new workflow is not being created. 

Do we have to setup new workflows to pick up in the built in out of the box K2 Workflow Reports? 

I've included images of the Instances that are being created and the Instance Activity K2 Report not displaying.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Could you check the Server.ProcInst table for ProcInstID # 29? Does this match the same instamce ID from ServerLog.ProcInst table? It almost sounds like the reporting data is a bit behind in this case.

Badge +10

We found that the users didn't have the View / View Participate rights on the workflow.   Once we updated that things worked perfectly.