Workflow REST API Issues

• 14 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Team,

I would like to implement the Release functionality. For that, i had  Enable the Workflow REST API in Management and then register that as REST. I had selected a Service account as an Authentication type. 

In Descriptor Location - https://xxxx.xxx.com/api/Workflow/preview/swagger/docs and created the SMO of Task Object.

Now when i execute the Release Method and pass the Serial Number. I always get HTTP Response as Zero and Task is not release

Can you please let me know how to achieve this? 

21005iF34D782B63CB9217.png

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi Nik86,

It looks like you are exposing the out-of-the box Workflow REST API as SmartObject call instead of consuming it from another system. I don't think this is a best way to handle your scenario (pointing back to K2 as SmartObject call). Perhaps, you can take a look at the built-in Task SmartObject under (SystemManagementUsersSmartObject).

Hi Khanh,
We are already using SystemManagementUsersSmartObject Task SmartObject for release functionality. But due to some issues, it is not working as expected. Though Smart object is not throwing the error but not releasing the task correctly.

When Task is assigned it has been assigned to AD group and when the user opens the task I found some time in Tasklist, It has been open against the User name, and sometimes against the group. any idea why it behaves like this. 

In Release Smartobject we are passing Destination as Destination user not group. 

Can you please let me know how to handle this issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Can you successfully call your REST endpoint form a tool such as PostMan - try to take K2 out of that equation first of all get the REST stuff going then move on from there.

Could be an impersonation / authentication thing if you can call the REST endpoint from PostMan already.

Cheers